A new hotel business requires various tools and essentials to operate efficiently, effectively, and economically.
Although some essentials are obvious, others aren’t. They cover all aspects of your hotel business. If you’re a startup, you may be uncertain of what you need to run a successful business.
Some kitchen equipment essentials you need include:
- Storage containers
- Shelving and storage racks
- Cooking equipment
- Cutting boards and counters
- Freezers and refrigerators
- Safety equipment
- Slicers and a steam table
- Food processors and mixers
- Ovens, ventilation and ranges
Apart from the kitchen equipment, you need other tools to run various sections of your hotel business smoothly. Some of them include:
5 Tools You Need to Successfully Run Your Hotel Business
- Collaboration and project management tools
Your hotel staff needs project management and collaboration tools to work as one team. The team helping you run your hotel business and property require the right tools to support their jobs.
If your team is based in different locations or you have a few outsourced virtual staff working on your blogging, marketing and data entry tasks, you need to get them to collaborate. This is more important if they’re working on similar projects.
Collaboration and project management tools make collaboration easy and seamless. Some tools to consider include:
- Podio for collaboration
- Asana for assigning tasks to team members
- Trello for brainstorming and creating new ideas
- Basecamp for sharing files and delegating tasks
- Sqwiggle for on-demand video meetings
Social media platforms and management tools
In this digital age, social media has taken the hotel industry by storm. You need a strong presence on social media to gain a competitive edge.
Here’re a few social media platforms and management tools to drive your social marketing campaigns:
- Google+ for building credibility and SEO
- Facebook for networking; the largest social media platform worldwide
- Pinterest for photo sharing and driving traffic conversions
- Twitter for microblogging
- Vimeo for sharing videos and boosting SEO
- LinkedIn for professional networking
- Hootsuite for analytics and scheduling
- YouTube for posting videos; the second largest search engine
- Instagram for photo sharing; platform owned by Facebook
Basic repair and maintenance tools
Maintenance and repair is a critical aspect of running your hotel business. Maintenance ensures that important machines and kitchen equipment don’t fail suddenly.
However, if the worst comes to be, you have to repair malfunctioned hotel equipment and machinery. Therefore, you require the right tools to perform maintenance and repair jobs.
For instance, you may need a cordless miter saw when working on wooden items in your kitchen or hotel at large. A portable battery powered saw is handy when working on different jobs around your hotel.
Other tools you may need include:
- A hammer
File sharing and blogging tools
Your hotel system and files should be available to you and your employees even when they’re working remotely. File sharing tools and cloud storage make it possible to access business files on the go.
Here’re tools you need to continue working on your pending tasks or files from anywhere:
Content is an integral part of digital marketing.
Content marketing allows you to engage your target audience with interesting and authoritative posts of high quality. It’s a great way to encourage your potential clients to book with your hotel.
Blogging is one way you can create and share posts with potential guests online. Although you can host your blog in a paid server, the following free platforms work just fine:
- Blogger; Google’s CMS platform
- WordPress; the most popular tool for blogging
- Tumblr for sharing photos.
Communication is key to the success of your hotel business. You need to keep in touch with your employees to track the progress of projects.
Here’re a few free communication tools to optimize: